Dr Mary C Younger
BSc. (Hons) Psych., MSc. Counselling Psychology., C. Psychol., AFBPsS.,
HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist and Counselling Psychologist
BPS Registered Psychotherapist and EuroPsych
My qualifications and training
~ Professional Doctorate
~ Chartered Psychologist
~ HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist and Counselling
~ BPS Registered Psychotherapist and EuroPsy
~ Post MSc Diploma in Counselling Psychology with City University
~ MSc in Counselling Psychology and Post Graduate Diploma in
Counselling at London Guildhall University
~ BSc (Honours) Psychology
~ Level A and Level B certification for Psychometric Testing
~ Advanced training in Counselling Skills and Theory
Specialist training in:
- Professional Doctorate in Development of Mindful
Self-Compassion, Contemplative Practice and Buddhist
- Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher (Center for Mindful Self-Compassion, UC San Diego)
- Teacher of Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Approaches (University of Bangor, Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice)
- Psychotherapy, Compassion Focussed Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, ACT, Stress Management, Transactional Analysis,
- Psychopharmacology, Risk Assessment of Suicide, Dementia Care, Couple therapy (Tavistock Centre), Family Therapy Training (KCC, IFT and AFT).
Member of British Psychological Society as a Chartered Psychologist
Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society
Member of the BPS Division of Counselling Psychology
Health Care Professions Council Registered Practitioner Psychologist
Member of the British Association Behavioural and Cognitive Practice
Professional Member of the Infertility Network UK
Open University Psychological Society and OU Alumni Association
Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
What my work involves:
~ Working on a short and long-term basis with individuals and couples
~ Psychological Assessment: including assessment of mental health
needs, risk assessment and psychometric testing.
~ Planning, application and evaluation of specific models of
evidence-based psychological therapy.
~ Design and provide group interventions where appropriate.
~ Work with primary care services and jointly with the CMHT and Social
Services to provide single or joint assessments with a view to providing
appropriate interventions, signposting or referral on.
~ Working with associated statutory and non-statutory agencies to
~ Research, development and management of service provision.
~ Obtaining grant funding and managing Nature and Adventure therapy
- Teaching Mindfulness and Compassion Based Approaches
~ Leading Meditation Groups, workshops and Retreat Days.
© Mary Younger 2018